FH-AV-KIT, Aviation RF Cable & Antenna Analyzer Kit
Minimize AOG Downtime
FlightHawk, RF Aviation Cable & Antenna Analyzer Kit
Avoid the Aircraft on Ground (AOG) downtime and expense that results from trial and error testing and component swapping.
Bird’s FH-AV-KIT, FlightHawk™ RF Aviation Test Kit combines a unique set of components specifically designed for avionics testing and measurement. In a single rugged case, the kit includes the proven antenna and cable testing functionality of the FlightHawk™ handheld analyzer, Bird’s wideband power sensor – designed specifically to test aircraft RF systems and power measurement, and all necessary adapters and cabling. In addition, Bird’s easy to use aviation testing software will allow anyone on the maintenance team to test and verify all antenna systems in the fleet.
The Aviation Test Kit offers an intuitive user experience for both experienced and beginner RF maintenance crews. Based on aircraft OEM specifications, technicians can locate RF cable, connector and antenna problems at the source with clear visual indicators as to the pass/fail status of the system.
- Test RF cables & antennas at the frequency of operation.
- Locate RF cable, connector & antenna problems at the source.
- FDR (Frequency Domain Reflectometry) measurement method results in a highly reliable assessment of the health of critical components in your system; ultimately providing a “heads-up” before a failure occurs.
- Fault location or DTF mode plots VSWR or Return Loss levels at each distance point along the cable and antenna system length.
- Cable Loss function measures insertion loss of the cable system over a given frequency range.
- OTG USB communication port for connection to Bird power sensors, storage devices and battery charging.
- Includes the Bird RF Meter App
- FDR trace of precision return loss vs. frequency.
- Return loss vs. distance.
- Voltage standing wave ratio( VSWR).
- Cable loss and distance-to-fault (DTF) measurements.
Included in Kit
- FlightHawk-AV, Cable and Antenna Analyzer
- 5017D-AV, 100 MHz - 1.3 GHz Wideband Power Sensor
- 25-T-MN, 25W RF Termination
- SK-CAL-MN-C6, Calibration Combo
- AC Adapter (12 Vdc Output)
- Hard Carrying Case
- 4240-401, Adapter Kit
- 4240-500-23, Adapter N(M) – SMA(M)
- 4240-500-10, Adapter N(M) – SMA(F)
- 4240-443, Avionics Adapter
- 4240-444, Avionics Adapter
- 10' RF Cable
- USB Drive
- SK-CONN-OTG-2, USB Adapter
- Frequency Range
- Range: 1 MHz to 6 GHz
- Resolution: 1 kHz
- Accuracy: ±2.5×10-6 @25 °C
- Output Power: -10 dBm (typ)
- Speed: 1 ms / data point
- Points 51 to 3201
- Measure Bandwidth: 100 Hz to 30 kHz
- VSWR Measurement Range: 1.0 to 65.0
- Cable Loss Measurement Range: 0 to 30 dB
- DTF Range: 0 to 5000 ft. (0 to 1500 m)
- Power Measurement: Yes
- Display: 5.5", 720p
- Storage Capacity: Thousands of traces and setups
- USB: USB Type-C, 3.0
- Test Port: Type-N (F), 50 Ohms
- Languages: English, Chinese, Spanish
- Battery: Li-ion
- Charging Time: 5 hrs. (typ)
- Operating Time: 10 hrs. (typ)
- Compatible with: Bird RF Meter App and a wide variety of Bird Power Sensors
- Includes Bird RF Meter App
Standard Accessories: DC to 6 GHz Calibration Combo, Stylus, AC Adapter (12 VDC Output), Hard Carrying Case, (2) Avionics RF Adapters, N(M) to SMA(M) Adapter, N(M) to SMA(F) Adapter, 10' RF Cable, USB Drive, USB Adapter
This product contains Li-Ion Batteries and cannot be shipped to Alaska, Puerto Rico or Hawaii via FedEx Ground - Please Contact Factory (866) 695-4569 to place your order.