3170B, RF Monitoring and Alarm System
3170B, Dual Element, Single Carrier
Wattcher RF Monitor and Alarm System
The dual meter/dual element 3170B Wattcher RF Monitor and Alarm System can protect your transmitting equipment from damage and loss of airtime when faults cause high-standing waves. Is can warn a remote operator of low power due to detuning, component deterioration, or AC line difficulties and high reflected power due to factors such as antenna icing, transmission line problems, physical accidents and lighting strikes.
This power monitoring capability is accomplished using a dual-port 50 Ohm insertion-type line section. Each port must contain a standard Bird plug-in element.
- Frequency Range: 450 kHz - 2.7 GHz
- Power Range: 100 mW to 10 kW using Bird® Plug-in Elements
- Insertion VSWR: N Connectors 1.05 max. to 1000 MHz, 1.1 max. to 2700 MHz
- Accuracy: +/- 5% of full scale
- Meter Scales: (FWD and RFL) 25, 50, 100 W
- Alarms: Front Panel Buzzer, "Active" and "Trip" LEDs for forward/reflected
- Front Panel Controls: Reset push-button, adjust FWD/RFL alarm levels screw, element sockets
- Rear Panel Features: DC FWD/RFL signal inputs, main and remote meter drive outputs, external 12-16 VDC supply input, alarm in/out, reset in/out, AC line voltage selector, fuse, IEC 320 AC receptacle.
- Inputs-Outputs: TTL compatible +5 V logic. Outputs for remote meter
- Power Characteristics
- AC Power: 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz @ 56mA
- DC Power: 12.7 to 16.0 VDC @ 400mA max.
- Connectors: N-Type (Female), normally supplied
- Required Products: (2) Elements from Tables: 1, 2, 3, 4, or 6