3170B, RF Monitoring and Alarm System
Dual Meter - Dual Element, Single Carrier
3170B RF Monitoring and Alarm System can automatically activate a variety of safety and equipment protection measures when it detects an abnormal antenna system load condition. The 3170B simultaneously displays forward and reflected power for 100 mW to 10 kW systems. Panel configuration consist of a line section complete with two QC-type N (female) connectors to insert in the coxial transmission line.
- Frequency Range:450 kHz - 2.7 GHz
- Power Range: 100 mW to 10 kW using Bird® Plug-in Elements
- Insertion VSWR: N Connectors 1.05 max. to 1000 MHz, 1.1 max. to 2700 MHz
- Accuracy: +/- 5% of full scale
- Meter Scales: (FWD and RFL) 25, 50, 100 W
- Alarms: Front Panel Buzzer, "Active" and "Trip" LEDs for forward/reflected
- Front Panel Controls: Reset push-button, adjust FWD/RFL alarm levels screw, element sockets
- Rear Panel Features: DC FWD/RFL signal inputs, main and remote meter drive outputs, external 12-16 VDC supply input, alarm in/out, reset in/out, AC line voltage selector, fuse, IEC 320 AC receptacle.
- Inputs-Outputs: TTL compatible +5 V logic. Outputs for remote meter
- Power Characteristics
- AC Power: 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz @ 56mA
- DC Power: 12.7 to 16.0 VDC @ 400mA max.
- Connectors: N-Type (Female), normally supplied
- Required Products: (2) Elements from Tables: 1, 2, 3, 4, or 6